As reported first on AbsolutePunk.net, here is Aaron’s reply to the previously posted story about Aaron Gillespie Leaving Underoath.
I am more then aware the the news you have heard of seems rash, and probably hasty. I wanted to be able to write a few thing down here to maybe help you understand a bit, or at least clear up the rumor mill before it starts grind like a mo fo’.
1. Underoath and i have parted ways. Yes that is a true statement. There is no bad blood, there is no anger, i was in that band for eleven years, i love every person with my whole heart, i love the music we made together, the shows we played and the good times we had. People change, times change, and sometimes change just comes hunting for you.
2. Yes i will continue to play in the almost. I will also play acoustic, as well as speak and do other musical/ ministry type things.
3. Yes underoath will remain a band, yes without me.
4. I really still love you, alot.
5. I am still giving drum lessons, all your appointments will be honored and kept.
6. Everything you read here is true, regardless of what your friends or internet connection might tell you.
7. Its all good. listen to uo, listen to the almost if you want, times change, roll with the hurricane.
I love ya,